Saturday 29 March 2014

Playing Hooky

I've definitely been playing hooky- in more ways than one!  I hadn't intended it to be so long in between posts.  I could blame it all on Spring Break, but I don't think it is entirely to blame.  What has mostly kept me from posting is my lack of a finished project to present.  This is not to say that I haven't been hooky during Spring Break- oh, have I ever been!  It is just that I have so many projects going on right now that it is hard to stay focused on just one and work on it.  Some days I feel like working on my kitchen rug, others I spend working on my Mother in Law's Mother's Day gift, I might feel like working up a row or two of my throw pillow, or maybe an idea has hit me for another project that I want to start but I'm just in the beginning planning stages.

The biggest project going on right now is my kitchen.  It is in horrible need of a facelift, but we can't afford to just gut it and redo everything as we'd like right now.  However, I had a few sparks of creative energy hit me over the last week or so, and so I began plotting and planning for a cheap, yet enjoyable way to give my kitchen a makeover.  I've had several visions of a bright, cheery kitchen and what it could look like.  While at the craft store today, my ideas became more focused, and I was pleasantly surprised to find my husband on board with what I was thinking about. I love it when we pick things out together for our home. I'll admit to squeeing several times on the way home in sheer excitement and antici....pation!  I can't wait to have pictures to share!  Maybe tomorrow there will be a few sneak peak pictures.  For tonight, however, it is late and so I am going to get some sleep to get things off to a fresh start tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment