Wednesday 14 May 2014

Pancakes, Bacon 'N Eggs Purse!

So I was feeling crafty the other day and wanted to design something all my own.  I've been making so much stuff for others lately that I wanted to do something that I could keep, but I wanted to use up some of my stash yarn, too.  And so I thought for a bit, fiddled around with some yarn awhile, and then it came to me! The Pancakes, Bacon 'N Eggs Purse!

Design-wise, it is not a hard concept.  I didn't write a pattern for it as I made it, but if there is enough interest (leave me a message so I know!), I'll write one up and post it here.  I love how simple, but unexpected it is.  I am currently trying to decide if I want to line it or not.   It is fine without a liner, really, because I used really chunky yarn for the pancake, and steamed it before I joined it together.  It makes me so happy to see his bacony smile!  It reminds me of that scene from Mulan!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you will draw up quite some attention with the bag whem you go out to town with it! It looks very cute!
    I would line it even if it seems that nothing will fall out yet. I made the mistake of not lining a bag before and on the end i couldnt take pens with me because tjey would poke through...
    Take care, Anne

    ReplyDelete